Hey World Changers!
Here at TCC, giving is a part of our culture. We love that about our body! This year, we want to equip missionaries on the streets of Knoxville just as much as we equip our missionaries in France, Russia, Ireland, Kenya, Tanzania, Ghana, the Philippines and more. That’s how the Help My Neighbor Initiative was born. As a church, we are releasing every partner at TCC to be a local missionary. We’re asking you to keep your eyes and ears open and look for ways to be the hands and feet of Jesus in your own neighborhood, grocery store, and workplace. We’re here to help! Below is a list of 5 steps that you can take when you are made aware of a need.
- First, we ask you to flesh out the situation, use your discernment, and see what you think needs to be done.
- Second, we ask you to pray. Pray for the situation, and specifically ask about what you and your family can do to help meet that need.
- Third, take the need to your House Church or House Church Leader. This may be an excellent opportunity for your House Church to serve! (If you’re not currently in a House Church, you can skip to step 4, but we encourage you to join one! Trust us, you’ll love it.)
- If the need is still too great or you need further assistance, big or small, please fill out the form linked here (https://forms.gle/6UMoEAsFhWiyNTvX6) with as much information as you can. For example, this may include asking for a gift card to purchase diapers for someone who can’t afford them this week, asking about counseling and mental health resources, or finding someone a ride to a doctor’s appointment. We’re ready to help! Keep in mind, when doing this, we’re looking for ways to equip you to meet the need you’ve been made aware of, we want this to be a personal and relational thing!
- After receiving assistance and completing what you’ve had laid on your heart, will you let us know how it went? Whether it’s simply writing someone a card or taking care of something larger, we love to hear and be encouraged by your stories and what God’s doing. Send us an email at email@example.com, feel free to remain anonymous or share who you are, let’s celebrate what God’s doing together!
Thanks TCC, I look forward to all that God’s going to do in 2021.